Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Little Down Time

I have to start by apologizing because I have not been doing a good job of keeping up with this blog.  I've been experiencing writers block, in a sense, and haven't really known what to write.  Usually I can think of things throughout the week and I'll be so ready to write a blog at the end of the week but I just haven't really been in the mood to write.

So I guess this post is basically to say that Yes, I am still living.  I am currently in the middle of my week off and it's been different. I'm used to having a schedule and doing something every hour of every day and this week has been the opposite of that.  I ended last week, and started this week, with some sort of sickness.  There were four staff members that were suffering from the same sickness.  Its a congestion, coughing, sometimes fever, cold thing.  I'm finally starting to feel better but it was good timing that it happened on my off week so I have been able to sleep and recover and get ready for my last trip!

This week PPM in Haiti only has one trip, so the majority of the staff is off.  We have been staying at an apartment in Kingdom Hotel in Port Au Prince.  On Sunday we went to church then had probably the best pizza I've had here at this place called Caden's then proceeded to nap the majority of the day!  On Monday we went to Haiti Christian Orphanage (HCO) so some of the staff could do trip prep and we also needed to drop off some donations.  While there I learned how to play dominos and was holding my own!  We then went to The Hang to have some American lunch and then to Rebo, where we enjoyed delicious coffee.  We ended the day with sandwiches and watching Pitch Perfect!

The next day we went to this place called The Apparent Project.  It is a store that sells items that people have learned how to make in trade school and the majority of the sales go back to the artist!  They have a website:http://www.apparentproject.org/ and you should check it out! We then enjoyed Caden's pizza again (what can we say, we love the pizza) and then had a relaxing afternoon.

I have enjoyed having this week off, but with all the down time it makes me miss home.  I can't believe my journey here in Haiti is coming to a close and in a week and a half I'll be back in the states.  My time here has been life changing and I'm so excited to see what God has in store for me after I am done here!

No comments:

Post a Comment