Friday, July 5, 2013

Tired

If you look up the work "tired" in the dictionary you find: "drained of strength and energy: fatigued often to the point of exhaustion."  That is the exact definition I would use to describe how I felt this past week.  

This past week was a trying week for me.  It marked the longest time I've ever been on the mission field and in a foreign country.  I miss my family and friends.  I miss air conditioning and warm showers. I miss sleeping in a bed.  I miss sweet tea and Dr. Pepper.  But in the midst of missing all those things I know that I am here because God called me to be here.  

I was tired beyond belief this week.  Not just physically but emotionally.  I'm a huge introvert and as much as I try to get time to myself, sometimes it just isn't possible here.  I'm blessed to be able to work with people here that understand the need for alone time and am constantly amazed at how God can provide those little moments that say "Hey I'm still here and you're doing what you're supposed to be doing."

In the midst of me missing home and being so tired I can't even stay awake for a twenty minute bus ride, I am reminded of John 16:33 that says: "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world!" 

I have one trip and then I get a week off to relax with some of the girls here with PPM for a week and then its one more trip and I am home.  These weeks are flying by and as much as I am missing home, I wish they would slow down.   I still don't know why God brought me to Haiti (I have some ideas but those are just my thoughts, not God's plan) and as I continue with these next three weeks I pray that I can take everything to its fullest and see God's full potential for me.

I would greatly appreciate your prayers as I venture on with these next three weeks as I know they will be trying for me.  Pray for rest, that sickness stays away, and that I continue to grow in God.  I appreciate all of you and I am so thankful for the prayers and thoughts.  Love you all!

Until Later,

Emma


No comments:

Post a Comment